Saturday, September 13, 2008

YOUR TOO YOUNG



Your too young, that's what I kept hearing from doctor after doctor. I was 26 years old I had a two year old and a five year old. It was Christmas 1992 and I discovered a lump in my left armpit, I didn't think much of it so I would wait a couple of weeks until after the holidays and go to the Dr. I made my appointment but was told that it was not unusual and that I should give it some time and it will go away. I was not satisfied with this because it hurt and it bothered me when I would pick up my babies. I kept pressing it with the doctors and kept getting the same response until one Dr. decided to take some fluid from it to test, but he could not get anything. He advised me to have a biopsy.


It was February 1993 the biopsy was over, the surgeon came in and told me and Arnold, "it's maligiant, you have breast cancer." I was in shock but all the doctors told me "your only 26 it's very rare, cancer dosen't hurt", and this hurt! besides that I don't want to die. The only people I had ever known or known of that had got cancer died. He gave us some videos and told us not to make any decisions today we had time. This has to be the scariest words that a doctor can say to you. Little did I know that this was the beginning of the battle that I would have to endure.

No comments: