Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I DON'T LIKE CHANGE


I do not like change. I don't believe too many people do. Recently in bible class Matt Phillips asked the class "when do you think it is easier to serve God, when you are suffering of when things are going pretty well? I have thought a lot about that question and I'm not sure which is easier but I believe that It is the times that I suffer that I grow the most.


As most of you know things have definitely not been going smooth this year. It started with my mother getting her cancer diagnosis back in January. Then Josh making some decisions that Arnold and I felt were not in the will of God. We were renovating our house in Madera while going through tax season. In May we moved to the house in Madera and qickley started getting the house ready for and planning Sommer's graduation party. Then it was time to get her ready for AIM in August. One week before we were to leave to take Sommer to Texas I had some bad test results and found out the day before we left that I did have cancer again and that I was looking at major surgery.


No, I don't like change and I don't like to suffer but honestly I can say it has been good for me to be afflicted it brings me back to where I need to be totally, completely surrendered to God.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

"Consider it pure joy when you face various trials" (Book of James).....that was the lesson from last Sunday with the Jr. high class....what an amazing example of faith you are to me and I wish you could have been available to talk with the Jr. High class...I love you and that big ole guy and feel so blessed to share in your sufferings and to witness the love of Lord shine through the changes and various trials the Lord has brought your way....keep your head up sister and know your are deeply loved....