Thursday, September 11, 2008

Leaving



On August 10, 2008 I left a piece of myself in Lubbock Texas. This was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do in my life. When Sommer first seemed to be interested in the AIM program I prayed a lot about it. I realized that if this is what God was calling her to do then I had no right to tell her that she could not go, I would not stand in the way of his plan for her life. In making that decision it did not make it any easier on me. Walking away from the Sunset church that day was so difficult not only was I leaving my daughter, I was leaving my buddy. I also knew that I was coming home to change that I did not want to face. The home was different now with Josh gone, now Sommer gone and what I had to face was Dr. appt. after Dr. appt. I did not want to go home. The first few days home were so awful, so quiet I just did not want to be here then something truly amazing happened inside of me. God wanted me to know, don't throw away what you can do with your life today and tomorrow because you are so caught up in yesterday. I thank God that he has blessed me with a truly amazing man to spend my life with and I don't want to neglect that part of my life or have my eyes closed to what the Lord wants to teach me through all of the pain and suffering. There truly can be joy in suffering I know first hand. Yes, I have good days and bad days but I know in the end I will be stronger and closer to God as long as I don't take my eyes off the prize and continue my race. One week from today I will have the surgery that I have not wanted to deal with. This just happens to be something that I have to do and I really don't want to but I know that God has big plans for me in this and he is going to use it in a big way to his glory. So I press on and I am so thankful for all of my family and friends that he shows his Love through each and every day. God bless you all!

No comments: