Monday, October 13, 2008

Going Home



I have never been away from home for very long. I can only imagine what it must be like to be away from home and your loved ones. I believe, yesterday I got to experience a bit of what it feels like to go home. I had not been to worship services since the Sunday before my surgery guess that it had been about month. I was able to attend services yesterday. I knew that I missed my church family but did not realize how much until yesterday. This may sound a bit strange but I am thankful for Face book because I was able to stay in close contact with a lot of you. That helped me more than you will ever know. Just to hear your encouraging words and to know that you were all praying for me. I felt very emotional yesterday, not because of what I have gone through lately or what lies ahead. I was and have been so overwhelmed by all of the love and support. I have learned that living a God centered life is such a blessed life. I have appreciated the relationships that my family has developed in the last few years being at Woodward Park Church of Christ but one thing that I had not experienced first hand was how you were there when I needed you. From all of you that came to the hospital, your phone calls, cards, face book messages, all of the yummy food and most important all of your prayers. I honestly don't know how we made it through the difficult times without a loving church family but I do know that having gone through difficult times with a loving church family makes it so much easier to endure. I know that it's not over yet and I will have good days and bad days. I get so much comfort in knowing that I have all of you willing to help me along the way. I have learned so much in the last few months, mainly that I have so much more to learn. I have learned from you how to be a Christian friend to someone who thinks all she needed was God and her family. I think the most important thing that I have learned is how to accept help. I don't always have to be the one giving the help. Thank you for being part of my journey. I love you all!

No comments: