Monday, October 20, 2008

Cancer is not who I am


I started thinking about what I want my life to be about. October is breast cancer awareness month. I have gotten into spreading the awareness this year more than any other year. I run the race for the cure to help spread the awareness to women about breast cancer, but I am running a much bigger race! I have had a lot of time lately to do some serious thinking. I do not want people to think of me now or after my life here on earth is over as a cancer survivor or as someone who had beat cancer. Yes, I am a cancer survivor and I have beat cancer and I firmly believe that when my life is over it is not going to be cancer that ends my life here on earth. You see cancer to me has been just one of the opportunities in life that some of us are presented with and we can use it to glorify God or we can let it define who we are. I choose to glorify God. I want people to remember me as someone who loved the Lord with all of her heart. Someone that had flaws but did not let that keep her from being about the Fathers business. I believe that God has given me a responsibility by having cancer and I need to remember that it is not about me. I am praying for his direction on how he wants me to use this in my life to bring glory to him.

No comments: