Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Josh & Sommer find your wings

Sommer while you were home for Thanksgiving a friend of mine asked me how things were going. I said that it was good to have you home just different. She asked me what I meant. "She's different", I said. "She's not a little girl anymore and I know that is how it's supposed to be, it's just that I miss the little girl". She said "my mom used to tell me give them roots then give them room to fly". The next day was Thanksgiving. I was in the kitchen baking listening to Christian radio station when this song came on. The tears just came and dad asked me what was wrong. I told him to listen to this song and told him what my friend said. I was crying because this is exactly what I wanted to say to you and Josh, my young adult children. Here is the song-Find your Wings

One of the toughest stages is being the mother to young adult children. It also is so rewarding. I am so happy Josh that you finished the income tax course and will be getting your certification. Dad and I are so very proud of you and excited that you are back in school at Fresno City and working with dad and myself.
There you go again Sommer! Back to Lubbock, Texas. You are off to learn more about the bible, to learn more about life to be the change you want the world to see. I was emotional as I watched you walk away, thinking of the faith that you have and how you are allowing God to mold you. You are a beautiful example, not only to others around you but to me. I know that you will look back on your life with no regrets because you are not perfect but you are striving for what it is that God wants in your life. So I have tears in my eyes as you take off but I am cheering you on.

I am here for you both as you find your wings. I pray that the love that Dad and I have for you has given you the roots you need to find your wings. That your faith gives you courage to not only dream but to do great things. As I have told you both so many times. Your walk with God is the most important thing to me. I love you more than words can say.

No comments: