Friday, January 9, 2009

I made it through my first full week back at the office

I am trying to get used to being at the office all day everyday of the week right now. At first I thought that it would be much more difficult than it actually is. Meeting with clients throughout the day has been a challenge for me this week. I really enjoy seeing people that I usually get to see only once a year. Most of our clients have been with us since the kids were little and they want to get caught up. A lot of my clients had seen the race for the cure interview or seen the Fresno Bee article, so they know the battle that I had been through this past year. I am realizing more of what an opportunity and responsibility of sharing this experience with people. I have had so many discussions this past week with people about the power of God. When someone asks me "how did you get through that?" or they say "your so strong" I can't help but talk about God and that I could not have made it through this past year without my faith and belief that God was with me and that is where my strength comes from.

We put Sommer on a plane Wednesday. She will be back in April. How about that her last day in Lubbock is April 15Th and that is the last day of tax season. That gives me something to look forward to. It does not get easier watching her walk away and knowing that she is traveling by herself. I have seen her growth these past few months. She has learned so many life lessons that I don't think she would have learned if she was here at home. I pray that God will protect her and use her to his glory.

My mom had chemotherapy yesterday. It has been a year now that she has been on treatments. She is tired and getting so discouraged. Please pray for her and my dad.

No comments: